CPPA 2018 Call -- POSTERS
4th Canadian Conference on Positive Psychology
Co - Hosted by The Canadian Positive Psychology Association & the University of Toronto, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education
Victoria College, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario Canada
May 23 -25, 2018
Submission for 4th Canadian Conference on Positive
Thank you for applying to present a poster presentation.
Poster submissions should include a 150-word biography and a 200-word abstract. Submissions presenting research should be formatted to include the following elements: Background, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
Speaker Guidelines and Terms of Your Application and Presentation
When you submit this proposal you agree to all terms listed below
1. You must submit the completed Proposal Form by November 13, 2017.
2. One presenter must be identified as the Principal Presenter and all co-presenters are bound by these Guidelines and Terms of Your Application and Presentation.
You must list all co-presenters with their contact information provided on the Call for Proposals form.
Acceptance or Decline
a. All conference follow-up information including acceptance or decline of the proposal and registration code will be sent via e-mail to the Principal Presenter during the week of December 1, 2017 who will then have the responsibility to pass the information on to all additional co-presenter(s).
b. You will be given a presenter discount for the full 2-day registration fee and you must register using the presenter code
Response to the acceptance
a. Conference Registration is required to confirm your acceptance, all presenters agree to register for the 4th Canadian Conference on Positive Psychology by December 15, 2017.
Exclusive Hotel Rate for Presenters:
Once you have registered for the conference you will receive a special reservation link to the Marriott Courtyard Hotel (web link to hotel) where we have secured a very limited number of rooms at a special rate available for speakers only. IMPORTANT Notice: May is the busiest month in Toronto for conferences. It is expected that all hotels will be at capacity during May. Current rates in May 2017 were $280.00. and up per night at most hotels.
Introduction to the Lead, Poster Presentations:
You will be introduced to the Lead, Poster Presentations who will be your primary point of contact for the conference from that point forward,
6. The presentation we expect is based on the abstract submitted in your call for proposal submission.
7. Posters will be displayed for a 4 ft x 4 ft space or 121 cm x 121 cm space
Marketing and Sales
Let the content and style of your presentation be a wonderful example of the quality of your work and your knowledge in the field but during your session you and all presenters agree not sell or promote any particular product or service. The focus of our conference is to share knowledge for the purposes of education. If you wish to promote your services, materials or products, please contact the conference manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unable to attend:
If you are unable to attend the conference, you agree to find a suitable replacement to present the submission as described in your abstract no later than March 23,2018.
10. The CPPA reserves the right to change the date/time of your session but all changes will be communicated to you.
11. The CPPA will not provide honoraria, waive conference registration fees, or reimburse travel and accommodation expenses or any other expenses related to this conference.
a. The CPPA will publicize and promote each session and presenter by posting online the abstract and biography you have forwarded us, and by placing briefer descriptions in the printed and/or online conference program and other marketing materials.
b. CPPA reserves the right to edit abstracts, titles and biographies, make final presentation selections, and take pictures of your session or film your session for posting on our CPPA website and social media.
16. Please note that, although it is not always possible to do so, every effort will be made to accommodate your preferred session choice. All 60-minute sessions should leave at least 15 minutes at the end for question and answer. Please be mindful that the presenter(s) in the session following yours need time to set-up so you should leave the room ready for them according to the end time noted in the schedule.
a. For main conference sessions: In your presentations, In addition to your research findings/ interventions, please provide enriching material that helps the audience connect with the importance and implications of the work, such as take-home messages, theoretical basis, personal anecdotes, dilemmas, discussion questions, and so on.
18. You attest that the material in your presentation is created and owned by you and will not infringe the copyrights of others.
19. The CPPA may promote your session, including anything contained in this application on its website, in a brochure, flyer, social media or a press release; your image may also be used in the promotion of the conference.
20. You agree to make your presentation available on the CPPA website in our members-only section of our website.
We look forward to having you present at the 4th Canadian Conference on Positive Psychology. Thank you!
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Republic of the Congo
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Biography (education and experience) - 150 Word limit
Biography -- Print Ready - 50 Word limit
Domain of Presentaion
Please select a choice
What audience would be most interested in attending your presentation?
Please select a choice
Positive Organizational Development/ Business
Title of poster presentation
Print Ready Abstract [Instructions: If you are making a submission in the domain of research, please provide an abstract of 200 words with the following information, organized under the headings indicated: Background, Methods, Results and Conclusions.] [200 word limit]
Academic References [Instructions: Please provide at least one scholarly reference that supports your proposed presentation, as our organization emphasizes rigorous research and evidence-based practice
Please describe how your presentation supports the conference theme of "Bridging Canadian Well-Being".
Do Not Fill This Out